Doulton Ceramic Filter Elements have been trusted by relief organizations around the globe for over 150 years. These filters were developed in the 1850s to remove disease causing bacteria from London's Thames River.
The Doulton UltraCarb element is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, chemical contaminants and lead. In addition they will improve taste, odor and reduce trace contaminants. These filter elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, and chlorine reduction (Class 1). The cartridges are based on a Sterasyl ceramic pre-filter shell. The ceramic contains a specially formulated self-sterilizing silver compound therefore, the UltraCarb element does not require sterilization after cleaning. Inside the ceramic shell is a post-filter which is manufactured by combining a zeolite metal ion reduction medium, granular carbon, and powdered to form a tightly packed matrix.
This 1 micron absolute rated carbon block core is effective for chlorine, taste, odor & lead removal. The candle has one threaded end and one rounded end. It fits only in housings with female threads inside the top cap.
- The Doulton W9123053 UltraCarb Filter Candle features a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell and carbon block core with ATS resin.
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing.
- W9123053 cleanable filter elements are designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulphide, and lead. In addition, they will improve taste and reduce trace contaminants.
- At the heart of every Doulton ceramic filter is the “Sterasyl” silver impregnated ceramic microfilter.
- The Doulton W9123053 features silver locked within the ceramic structure which inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives the ceramics self-sterilizing properties.
- Doulton ceramics do not remove the beneficial minerals from the water, ensuring the filtered water is enjoyable to drink and yet safe from harmful impurities.
- The Doulton UltraCarb Ceramic Filter Candle is a self-sterilizing filter with submicron filtration at an economical cost!
- The Doulton Ultra Carb W9123053 features ultra carbon, is silver impregnated, and has a carbon block + metallic media core.
- The W9123053 has four filtration stages within a single candle and is fitted with a threaded plastic cap on one end. First Stage: The first stage consists of Doulton ultracarb ceramic which provides genuine sub micron filtration. The cartridge reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. Second stage: The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties. Third Stage: An inner core of activated carbon block removes chlorine and organic compounds. Fourth Stage: Ion exchange resin reduces Lead and other heavy metals.
- The Ultracarb filter candle is designed to be used in pressure filters. Not for gravity filter use.
- The Doulton Ultra Carb W9123053 Ceramic Filter is certified by NSF and the WHO.