Doulton filters use the age-old process of micro-porous filtration used by nature coupled with modern state-of-the-art technology and the highest quality materials to produce one of the finest water filtration systems available anywhere. At the core of the sub-micron ceramic filter is the most basic of elements: Diatomaceous Earth. This is the same substance, which artisans refine into exquisite porcelain and pottery. The microscopic pores of the ceramic filter element make it an extremely efficient filter for the reduction of particulate matter, pathogenic bacteria and fine sediment from water. Minute particulate matter will quickly plug media style filters, but the ceramics have the added benefit of being re-cleanable and re-useable. The Super Sterasyl element utilizes the latest technological advances of ceramic filtration by incorporating pure silver impregnation into the porous ceramic shell to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Furthermore, the Super Sterasyl ceramic filter elements contain activated carbon, which reduces unwanted chemical and organic compounds from the water while also improving taste. Each filter can be cleaned many, many times before needing replacement. If using tap water, the filters will normally only need to be cleaned every 6 months. You will know when your filters need to be cleaned because the filtration rate will slow down. To clean, simply rub the filters with a scotch-brite pad under running water.
- The Doulton W9121715 Super Sterasyl Candle Filter features a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell with a GAC core.
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing.
- W9121715 cleanable filter elements are designed to reduce suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, organic chemicals, and improve taste and odor.
- At the heart of every Doulton ceramic filter is the “Sterasyl” silver impregnated ceramic microfilter.
- The Doulton W9121715 features silver locked within the ceramic structure which inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives the ceramics self-sterilizing properties.
- Doulton ceramics do not remove the beneficial minerals from the water, ensuring the filtered water is enjoyable to drink and yet safe from harmful impurities.
- The Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle is a self-sterilizing filter with submicron filtration at an economical cost!
- The Doulton Super Steralsyl W9121715 is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon.
- The W9121715 has three filtration stages within a single candle and is fitted with a threaded plastic cap on one end. The first stage reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. The second stage inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties. The third stage removes chlorine and organic compounds.
- The Doulton W9121715 10" Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle features a 1 1/4” (L) thread mount for gravity filter use.